Welcome to the Power Master Wiki! The wiki was moved off of Gamepedia, so pages are in the process of being fixed. Apologies for any broken pages or outdated content, it will be fixed!
Jennifer's artwork for Power Master: A Strange Journey MV
- "...you're looking at the strongest warrior in Bora. My name's Jennifer."
-- Jennifer, Power Master 1: A Strange Journey
Jennifer (pronounced "Jeh-ni-fir") is a major character in the Power Master series, first appearing in Power Master 1: A Strange Journey. Jennifer protects her hometown from invading enemies under the alias "Warrior of Bora".
Jennifer Sophie Dyson is a girl who lives in the Town of Bora, born March 18, 1993[Reference incoming]. In Power Master 1: A Strange Journey, she is 15 years old[Reference incoming]. She is the daughter of Butch and Jill Dyson, and the older sister of Nichole. Prior to A Strange Journey, Nichole was kidnapped during a bandit raid, and Jennifer protects her hometown both so it does not happen again to anyone else and to search for her sister.
Jennifer is portrayed as a strong character, both physically and mentally, which can lead to her being stubborn in her decisions. Jennifer gives it her all in battles and discussions, not backing down in what she believes in. However, she is known to be afraid of the dark[Reference incoming].
Power Master 1: A Strange Journey
In Power Master 1: A Strange Journey, Jennifer is first met in the Town of Bora. She enters her house after the player checks the Treasure Chest in her room and she will ask the player what they are doing here. If they answer truthfully, Jennifer will say she is the Warrior of Bora the player is looking for and joins them. If they lie, Jennifer will challenge the player to a fight and will join once the battle is over. If the player declines to answer (by pressing the "X" Key), she will kick the player out of her house. After the endgame, Jennifer can be found in her bed and she will mention her lost sister if the player talks to her.
If the player is playing as Jennifer, Stephan will fill her role.
|Jennifer (unnamed personal class)|
Jennifer's major asset is her Agility, which is the highest of the playable characters. She, along with Stephan, has the lowest Luck stat between the characters. Of the weapons, she cannot use axes and whips. Her skills mainly affect the enemy: Tackle can set them off balance and Confuse will confuse them. She can use Chakra to remove most Status Ailments from all players.
Jennifer learns these skills at the following levels.
|25||Thousand Arrows, Ultimate Slash, Magic Burst, Special Shield|
Jennifer can undergo the following transformations in Doppel's Dimension:
- A red color pallet
- A character who's files are called Nichole
- An ice witch given by the RPG Maker engine
- A door
- A yellow-haired generic girl
- Her mother, Jill
- Red Mage
- A Treasure Chest
- A generic old woman with the "party2" face graphic
- A character who's files are called Melissa
- A horse
- A character who's files are called Alicia
- A character who's files are called Denise
- A heroine given by the RPG Maker engine
- Kat from Legends End
- An angel spirit given by the RPG Maker engine
- Her father, Butch, but with his original graphics
- Giant Stephan
- Standard Jennifer
- Tiny Hamilton
- Placeholder graphic Helen
- Her Doppel variation
- A purple recolor (after the endgame)
As an enemy
Jennifer can fought twice in Power Master 1: A Strange Journey: once as the Warrior of Bora if the player chooses to be anyone but Jennifer at the start of the game, and again as a part of Alex's team in the Area Unknown.
To fight Alex's team, the player must find and talk to Alex in 26 different locations. Afterward, Alex will ask the player if they want to fight his team.
The self-proclaimed Warrior of Bora who defends her home from invading enemies. Joins with Stephan to help save the world, but not without fighting him first. (Canonical information)
Power Master: A Strange Journey MV
Please do not add false or speculative information to the section and please site your sources.
Additionally, once the game is released, this section may need reorganizing.
Jennifer appears in Power Master: A Strange Journey MV, again as a main player character, being able to be assigned to any of the four roles the player can choose for her: "Hero", "Warrior", "Digger", and "Cousin". Upon being recruited, she will be assigned their respective class ("Legendary Descendant", "Warrior of Bora", "Digger from Uora", and "Kind Cousin"). As one of the new mechanics in Power Master: A Strange Journey MV, Jennifer can no longer learn skills by leveling up. Her design has changed slightly, now wearing a red coat and only one shoulder pad, but otherwise keeps the basic design from the original game.
Like in the original game, Jennifer appears when opening the Treasure Chest in her room. Upon meeting her, the player can either tell her that they are looking for the Warrior of Bora or that they are looking for stuff. If they choose the former, the player will be brought to a gauntlet of Monsters to fight on their own, with Jennifer taking on her own fights off screen, before teaming up with the player to fight a Dark Monster. If they choose the later, Jennifer will fight the player directly. If the player succeeds in either of these outcomes, Jennifer can join the player's team.
Jennifer has a 25% increase to the Health stat, which is mainly meant to differentiate her from the other Hero characters. She can equip Bows, Lances, and Shields and can wear female-oriented clothing.
As an enemy
If the player chooses to make Jennifer the Warrior at the start of Power Master 1: A Strange Journey, she can fought in her house in the Town of Bora if the player says they are looking for stuff. Jennifer has high Health, Agility, and Offense, and uses her bow. She can attack with Water and Quadruple Attack. She is strong against bows, but is weak to whips and Weapon Breaker parameters. When defeated, she drops a Heal-All Health Vial and reluctantly agrees to help the player.
- 0.1.0 demo - Jennifer is capable of wielding swords, whips, and axes, in addition to the weapons and armor she used in the original game. Jennifer also gains additional expressions. The player starts as Stephan, though they can chose to swap with Jennifer by finding her next to the Shop and speaking to her.
- 0.2.0 demo - Jennifer only has access to bows, shields, and lances, but can use other weapons by wearing certain armor. She also loses her expressions, making way to armor-based portraits in later demos.
Jennifer's development has been noted by the creator to be "complicated." While she has mostly retained her design and roles, Alex had a hard time getting her appearance down correctly. Jennifer has a "manly" look to her profile concept, Alex calls it.
For this subject's gallery, see Gallery:Jennifer.
- Jennifer: "But I must say, now that the adventure's over, I'll tell you the real reason why I wanted to go with you. I learned that I once had a younger sister, but she was taken from us at a year old. I was hoping this adventure would provide some clues as to where to look, but no luck." - Power Master 1, after the endgame
- Jennifer: "Well, I don't want to just give up! We can do this, right, Stephan?"
Stephan: "I don't think we're ready to fight something like that."
Butch: "Exactly. The clock seems very strong. I don't want to lose either of you to it."
Jennifer: "What are we supposed to do then? Sit around?"
Jill: "As long as we all stay safe, Jennifer."
Jennifer: "Gah, fine, whatever! I'll be in my room if you change your mind." - Power Master MV, if the player chooses to side with Butch over Jennifer before fighting Hypnock
- "Jennifer has had a... complicated development, at least in the concept stages. Every time I drew her, she just didn't look right. Even after I got a how to draw manga book, her face still came out a bit... manly." - Alex in Bora, Power Master 1: A Strange Journey
|Major Characters||Alice • Guardians • Hamilton • Helen • Hunter • Jennifer • Ma'dine • Matt • Octavis • Stephan|
|Minor Characters||Alexander Bodine • Brianna • Butch • Charles • Fade • Generic Characters • Holly • Jasmine • Jasmine's Dad • Jaxer Regan • Jill • Josh • Kandice • Katie • Kevin • Marceus • Marciella • Mysterious Man • Ocean • Pam • Parker • Rob • Samantha • Scott and Smith • Sorceress • Stacy • Steve • Veronica • Violet|