Welcome to the Power Master Wiki! The wiki was moved off of Gamepedia, so pages are in the process of being fixed. Apologies for any broken pages or outdated content, it will be fixed!
Stephan's artwork for Power Master: A Strange Journey MV
Stephan Ryan Powers is a descendant of Kyle and Merlina. He was born on November 11, 1993, making him 14 years old during the events of Power Master 1: A Strange Journey. Much of his background, including who his parents were, is a mystery to him, with the only piece of information revealed being his parents died in an explosion and was soon taken to live with his grandfather, the Guardian of Fora.
Stephan is a reckless, but brave, character with a strong sense of justice and friendship.
Power Master 1: A Strange Journey
In Power Master 1: A Strange Journey, Stephan is the canonical main character of the game, starting off in the Town of Fora. After battling Silver Knight, he learns that Exitilus has returned, and so he sets out to follow in his ancestors' footsteps.
If the player chooses to start off as anyone other than Stephan, he will fill the role that was supposed to be taken by the selected player. This gives Stephan the most amount of possible roles (4) than anyone else (2).
Stephan is a well-rounded character. He is able to use any weapon type and shields, but is unable to use whips or any magic (aside from fused weapons). He does not truly excel in any parameter. Using Triple Attack, he can attack the most number of times out of any character and he can bring down his opponent's Attack and Defense using Weapon Break and Armor Break respectively.
Stephan learns these skills at the following levels.
|30||Ultimate Slash, Pounding Blow, Thousand Arrows, Special Shield|
Stephan can transform into the following in Doppel's Dimension:
- A blue color pallet
- A character who's files are named Andrew
- A monster character given by the RPG Maker engine
- A brown-haired generic boy
- A male Guardian
- A boulder
- A generic old man with the "party1" face graphic
- A character who's files are named Howard
- A dog
- A character who's files are named Caleb
- A character who's files are named Migue
- A heroic character given by the RPG Maker engine
- Eko from Legends End
- A fire spirit given by the RPG Maker engine
- The Mysterious Man with his placeholder face graphic
- Scott & Smith
- The character Geoffrey Bodine made
- Standard Stephan
- Giant Jennifer
- Giant Hamilton
- Tiny Helen
- Silver Knight
- His Doppel variation
- A yellow color pallet (after the endgame)
As an enemy
Stephan is fought twice in Power Master 1: A Strange Journey: once as the Warrior of Bora if the player chooses to be Jennifer at the start of the game, and again as a part of Alex's team in the Area Unknown. To fight Alex's team, the player must find and talk to Alex in 26 different locations. Afterward, Alex will ask the player if they want to fight his team.
The hero of the story and the descendant of the legendary heroes of Moneo. Embarks on a quest to save the world from Exitilus once again. (Canonical information)
Power Master: A Strange Journey MV
Please do not add false or speculative information to the section and please site your sources.
Additionally, once the game is released, this section may need reorganizing.
Stephan appears in the remake of A Strange Journey, again as a player character, able to be assigned to any of these four roles: "Hero", "Warrior", "Digger", and "Cousin". Upon being recruited, he will be assigned their respective class ("Legendary Descendant", "Warrior of Bora", "Digger from Uora", and "Kind Cousin"). As one of the new mechanics in Power Master: A Strange Journey MV, Stephan can no longer learn skills by leveling up. His design has changed slightly, but he overall has the same base appearance as last time.
As the main character, Stephan lives with his grandfather, the Guardian of Fora, in the Town of Fora. He is good friends with Andrew, Andrea, the town's Pam and Violet, and their sister, Jessica. Stephan is told to gather the Fora Gem from Fora Temple to help prepare for the thousandth year of peace ceremony, and ends up encountering Silver Knight. After a battle, Stephan is told of Exitilus's return, and must set out to gather the other Gems before Exitilus does.
Stephan has a 25% increase to the Defense stat, which is mainly meant to help differentiate him from the others that can take his role. He can equip Swords, Shields, Wands, and male-oriented clothing.
As an enemy
If the player chooses to make Stephan the Warrior at the start of Power Master 1: A Strange Journey, he can fought in his house in the Town of Bora if the player says they are looking for stuff. Stephan has high Health, Agility, and Defense, and uses his sword. He can attack with Lightning and can Defend. He is strong against swords, but is weak to lances and Weapon and Shield Breaker parameters. When defeated, he drops a Heal-All Health Vial and reluctantly agrees to help the player.
- 0.1.0 demo - Stephan is capable of wielding lances, whips, and axes, in addition to the weapons and armor he used in the original game. Stephan also gains additional expressions. The player starts as Stephan, though they can chose to swap with another character by talking to them.
- 0.2.0 demo - Stephan only has access to swords, shields, and wands, but can use other weapons by wearing certain armor. He also loses his expressions, making way to armor-based portraits in later demos.
Stephan was created similar to the "generic heroes" seen in most anime and games. Stephan has gone through several different designs, but he has mostly retained his look through each of them.
For this subject's gallery, see Gallery:Stephan.
- The art of Stephan used in his Power Master 1R: A Strange Journey wallpaper has two left hands.
- At the end of Legends End Book One: War, Part One: The Lives we Lost, during the "About the Author" segment, Stephan's name is misspelled as "Stephen" in the first edition. This was fixed in later editions.
- twitter:1242235644883038209 - "Stephan Ryan Powers, born November 11, 1993" - Album information
- "Here lies the heroes of Moneo:
Merlina Powers" - Gora Graveyard, Power Master 1: A Strange Journey
- Power Master 1R Story, Chapter 8: Town of Trash
- "[Stephan] was created as the common hero kid seen in most animes[...]Spiked hair, young age, and a sword and shield. That's all you need to start an adventure!" - Alex in Fora Forest, Power Master 1
|Major Characters||Alice • Guardians • Hamilton • Helen • Hunter • Jennifer • Ma'dine • Matt • Octavis • Stephan|
|Minor Characters||Alexander Bodine • Brianna • Butch • Charles • Fade • Generic Characters • Holly • Jasmine • Jasmine's Dad • Jaxer Regan • Jill • Josh • Kandice • Katie • Kevin • Marceus • Marciella • Mysterious Man • Ocean • Pam • Parker • Rob • Samantha • Scott and Smith • Sorceress • Stacy • Steve • Veronica • Violet|